Working…on getting work
I have been away from the blog for far too long. Here is the latest. Every single day I apply for jobs at schools in
the area. I submit my application via
the district website as is the procedure.
A couple times a week I get notes from one or more schools telling me
the positions have been filled or closed.
To say I am frustrated would be the understatement of the century. I am so ready to get to work and be in a school,
it is not even funny. After so many
weeks of this nonsense, I decided to try a different tack. I put together the most beautiful resume and
cover letter packet anyone has ever seen.
I was in a snazzy red folder and was mailed in a large catalogue envelope
(The better to stand out on the desk). I
mailed my packet directly to the principals of the schools I am interested in
working for. That was last week. Today I began my follow up calls hoping to
score an interview. Guess what? Schools
take the month of July off apparently because all I got was a whole bunch of
voicemail boxes, but I left a message anyway (squeaky wheel and all).
I have been approved to substitute teach at three different
school districts which will hopefully get my foot in the door if I do not get a
full time assignment this year. I’m just ready to get my career started.
We have also been trying to narrow down schools for Miss
Emily. We have narrowed it down to the
Episcopal school and a really good daycare type school. I am leaning toward the Episcopal
school. It just seems to be a better fit
for us. We’ll see.
Lydia Pinkham
David and I and especially Emily are ready to have a little
brother or sister in the house. To that end we visited the fertility clinic a
few months ago…can you say STICKER SHOCK.
It would cost me $1800/month for the most basic of fertility
treatments. Needless to say that is off
the table till I find full time employment!
My friend called me and told me about an old herbal supplement called
Lydia Pinkham that was used in the 1800s to help women regulate ovulation and cycles
it costs about $13.00; think I will try that instead. I’ll keep you posted J
New Friends/Old Friends
I have been kind of lonely here in Euless because we have
not found a church and a core group of friends, but God is so good all the time. I have a wonderful neighbor across the street
that is so sweet and we have become friends.
Emily and I met the very nice little girl Kayla and her mom Crystal at
the park and we now have a standing Tuesday play date. I have really enjoyed
getting to know her and Emily and Kayla are like peas in a pod.
My friend Donna just moved here from Longview and I am so excited
about all the fun things we will be doing together. Also, my friend Melissa who I was in church
youth group with has moved to the area and has leased a house ten minutes from
me. WOOHOO. God has blessed me with new friends and brought
me old friends. And lucky me, many of my
favorite people have come to visit me this month. I have had my friend Cindy from Texarkana, my
friend Melissa stayed over, Andrea and Tonya are coming next week and my parents,
sister and Kim are coming at the end of the month.
Now that I have written all this down, I see how very
blessed I really am.
Till next time…hopefully sooner rather than later J
http://www.achievementfirst.org/careers/overview/
ReplyDeletehttp://www.brighthub.com/education/k-12/articles/13582.aspx
Try these sites to get a feel for how to look for positions in a non-traditional way.
http://www.kipp.org/careers
ReplyDeleteHere's another opportunity