Thursday, November 15, 2012

Away Too Long

Well, it has been forever since I have posted here and a lot has happened.

SYNERGY
David's company in Bedford was bought out by a very large nationwide corporation for something like 75 million dollars. There were to be 1.4 million dollars in "synergies" as the companies moved. That translates to people loosing their jobs.  Well, at the end of September, David was "synergized" and lost his job. 

GOD IS GOOD
Even before this unfortunate event, we were looking at ways we might be able to get back closer to East Texas or even Bossier City to be nearer our family and support system.  David had applied a few places and we were even prepared to move in with my parents if necessary.  But since God always has the plan as it turns out, we didn't have to flop at the 'rents house.  David's parents needed some help at their company and were able to provide him with a job in LONGVIEW!!

MOVE IN 1 WEEK
After David was let go, we went out to dinner and he informed me that we were going to be trying to move in about a week to avoid having to pay another months rent.  I told him, "You are crazy, It cannot happen" How wrong was I? More evidence that this was God's plan, David found a house for rent on Craig's list of all places and we scheduled to see it on a Friday, the house was wonderful and they landlords are super easy going.  They rented to us the same day and didnt even charge us a pet deposit (woohoo). Also, Mom happened to be on break from school and was able to come help me pack the house.  It went so fast.  David lost his job on a Wednesday and we were in our new house the following Saturday all totaled, 10 days!

EMILY'S BIRTHDAY
Because we got to come back to Longview, Emily was able to celebrate her birthday with all of her friends and family.  It was a great party and a great way to keep me motivated on the unpacking.

HOME FOR NOW
Emily and I are at home right now.  I have been unpacking and we only have a few more boxes and the office to set up.  We are so happy to be back in Longview with our family and our church friends.  I am goig to start subbing in January and will hopefully land that first teaching job for the fall.

Till next time...(who knows how long that will be)
I'm one blessed and thankful girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment