Today my good friend who is kind enough to work out with me tried to kill me. For the past few months (I am not even sure how many months now) I have been working out at the gym with my friend (I use the term loosely after today :} LOL) Well today my friend had a "great" idea. We should run/walk the track for two miles. (anyone who knows me well, knows my policy on running, I do not run unless I am being chased by someone really scary, ordinary scary won't do, they have to be really scary before I will run) So imagine my enthusiasm with this great idea.
Off to the track we go, and talk about a whiner, I whined the whole way, when I wasn't huffing and puffing and thinking I might die any second. I knew cardiac arrest was but one step away. Run/Walk, Run/Walk, on we went for two whole miles. Sarah was such a good sport, she didn't let me give up or quit and she listened to me whine and huff and puff and I bet she would have called 911 if I would have needed it.
After my great work out, I had a healthy lunch (i know, alert the media). I ate a grilled chicken salad from Chick-fil-a and a cup of yogurt with lots of water.
Dinner was a victory too. David had a meeting at church, so what was I going to have for dinner. First I decided that Emily and I would just drive through somewhere and pick something up, but then I talked myself out of that and decided to go home and eat healthy, but then the Varnells called and we decided to go out to eat, (big surprise i know). But we went to Cheddar's and I did pretty good. I had a half of a club sandwich and a baked potato and more water. Emily had grilled chicken and some mashed potatoes.
So even though my friend tried to kill me, I know she only wants to help, so I will run again even if no one is chasing me. Thanks for hanging in there with me Sarah, you are the best. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment