Monday, October 18, 2010

Busy Day

Today was a busy but productive day. I was up and out early after taking Emily to school, it was straight to the grocery store. I headed over to the party store, but found they don't open until 10am, so back home I went to put on the chili in the crockpot. It simmered all day and was so yummy.

I ordered Emily's cake, got her paper goods, and ordered her balloons. Birthday party preparations are in full swing. See pic below of all my goodies. I just love a party! :) As you can see, I tend to over do :)





The colors for the party are purple, lime and hot pink. It is going to be sooo cute. I will work on the aprons tomorrow.

This afternoon, I got to visit with the Collins brood. We had a good time playing, having snack and watching Hello Kitty.

Our dear doggies have DESTROYED the yard! They dig, they roll in the dirt, they leave "presents" where they shouldn't. We are very sad about our yard. Today we attempted to take back the grass. David put out two bags of winter Rye grass and we covered it with these green blanket type things to help it grow. Hopefully we can have some semblence of a yard again soon.

I think in the spring we will just rent a backhoe and start over.

I am so looking forward to Emily's party this weekend. we are also having our family pictures taken this weekend with both my parents and David's parents, That is going to be fun.

School is still challenging, but I am keeping up ok, mostly due to the help of my dear husband who helps me with Emily when I have too much homework. Thanks sweetie :)

My favorite time of year is fast approaching, I just LOVE thanksgiving and Christmas. Halloween this year is going to be great. Emily will be a bumblebee, what fun.

Gotta run
Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment