We have for the last several years put up a large Halloween display in our yard and people would stop by and take pics in front of it and it always guaranteed us many trick or treaters on Halloween night. Well, this year, David did not put it up at the usual time and I thought he wasn't going to put it up at all, but on Saturday afternoon, he and Emily hauled it all out and put it up just in time for Halloween. And of course it had the desired effect, we had trick or treaters on Saturday and Sunday. I wonder how long it will take him to get it down now?
The plan was to meet at our friend Ann's house to do a little early trick or treating in the neighborhood before heading over to the big church here for a fall festival event. It was four oclock and apparently too early for trick or treating since we went to three houses with no success. They were either not home or had no candy :(
So off we went to the church event but not before taking some pics of the little monsters.
Mobberly Baptist Church held and event called Festival 31 on their parking lot. It had games for the kids and food along with bouncy houses and a hay ride. We hung out there and played some games, but the lines began to get long and Emily (really Mommy) was ready to go.
We stopped by Nana and Grand-dads to show off the costumes and then we headed home to put our little bumble bee to bed. Here are some more pics:
While we were out our friend Michael passed out candy at our house, he said we had loads of ghosts and goblins and we even ran out of candy :( None for mommy.
On Monday, I helped out at the church and we served a wonderful thanksgiving style dinner and my lemon pie was again a big hit. Didn't even get a piece for myself, oh well, I ate plenty. I also made deviled eggs which were also very popular. I boiled five dozen eggs and not one was left. :)
This morning, I had planned to walk, but it was raining so I cancelled, but now it is cleared up. Oh well, I will try again tomorrow.
Here is a cute pic of David and Emily.
Today is voting day, always exciting. Make sure you get out and vote. It's important, no matter which way you vote, it is our responsibility.
Till Next time
You are one busy woman.
ReplyDeleteEmily looks too cute in her bee outfit.
Love you guys!
You are too, with all your spooky canton adventures and home economizing.
ReplyDeleteLove you too.