Friday, September 10, 2010

Baking Day and other Fun

Today was really fun!


My friend Cindy from Texarkana is visiting me this weekend and we decided that we would do some baking and did we ever! We used my kitchen aide mixer and made a huge mess in the kitchen. Emily helped out by watching the mixer spin around. We gave her pieces of wax paper to play with and a little bit of cookie dough (no eggs). She got bored with us and went to her room to read.


Here are some pictures of our handiwork:





Cindy mixing up cookie dough


Chocolate chip cookie dough ready for freezer




Chocolate chip cookies chilling in fridge





Me with my bananna bread batter



More bananna bread batter


Sugar cookies in my freezer (yummy)


Finished bananna bread

After our marathon baking session we had many things to show for our work:
6 loaves of bananna bread
8 rolls of sugar cookie dough (4 lemon/4 orange)
4 dozen chocolate chip cookies
40 buttermilk biscuits
25 dinner rolls
All snug in my freezer for when I am ready for them. We ate one of the loaves of bananna bread and it was so good! The recipe called for an 8oz pkg of cream cheese and it gave the bread a rich creamy taste. I was going to give the bananna bread as gifts, but I may just keep it for myself, :) In all of our cooking, we used about half of a 25lb bag of flour. Tomorrow, we may make some pizza and pie crusts for freezing. Cindy and I had such fun being together in the kitchen, sometimes talking, sometimes crying, sometimes praying. I am so glad to have her as my wonderful friend.
Speaking of good friends, we had a cocktail/social event at church tonight. We enjoyed wine and cheese and the company of good friends. We toured our newly completed Sunday School wing at church. It has become a real place for the children of our church. I am very excited about what God is doing at Trinity. I met two new people tonight and look forward to getting to know them better. We are starting TWO new classes, a new Sunday School and a mommy's bible study. I can't wait.
The weekend fun continues with a busy day tomorrow! First we have the aforementioned baking and then it is off to SADIE'S SECOND BIRTHDAY PARTY !!! I am kind of excited. After that party, I will be attending the committment ceremony of my friends Andrea and Tonya. It should be a great time.
Sunday we have church and then we are having the Collins' over to watch the big game! I am looking forward to that as well.
Next post to include pics of party and ceremony.
Stay tuned :)









No comments:

Post a Comment