Wow, How do I get so far behind on my blog.?? Been busy I guess.
The holiday season has snuck up on me again. I remember a time when I was finished with my Christmas shopping by November 1st. That has not happened in a while. I did complete all my shopping except for David today. Now I get to wrap and decorate the packages. What fun!
I am glad that we are blessed enough to be able to give gifts this year. The Lord has been good to us and as I await His coming, I am reminded of the gift that God gave us and how we are never without because of him.
I am looking forward to seeing my family this year and sharing laughs and special memories. Playing Santa for Emily will be very special now that she is getting older. We have been doing Advent calendars and readings this month as we try and teach her the meaning of all the festivities. Emily will be the star that leads the wisemen in our Christmas Eve pageant. I made her costume and it is so cute. I can't wait!
School is wrapping up, this is our last week for the year. This has not been one of my favorite classes, but it was math after all and so far I have a perfect score, 4.0 lives on...WOOO HOOO, three weeks off before I hit the books again. I am going to spend some of my time off at AbleCare doing some catch-up and planning for the coming year.
I was so blessed to help out with the Angel Tree at our church this year. Our church donated 24 bikes and countless toys, shoes, and clothes to needy families. I was struck by what a bike means to a kid. It means freedom. When you are little, so much is out of your control, like if you will have enough money, clothes or food. I imagine living in families with limited resources can feel very depressing and claustrophobic. But 24 kids will get the freedom of riding a bike and having the wind blow through their hair. They can escape their not so nice lives and see the world at peddling speed. I take for granted that I have all the things I need and many of the things I want. I can only imagine the excitement on those kids faces when they see a new bike under the tree.
We are going to Los Pinos winery this weekend for live music, food and friends. I am really looking forward to this evening out.
Part of the reading for Advent today is from Isaiah 54,
"For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you" How lucky are we that we can be confident that we have the Lord's steadfast love which is the greatest gift of all.
Till next time
Make sure you post picks of M
ReplyDeleteI'm glad life is good for you, have a great Christmas & tell everyone I send my love.