We had a great Mother's Day weekend. On Friday, I headed over to Bossier City to have my hair done and enjoyed lunch and some shopping with my Dad. It was nice since I don't get to see him much.
On Saturday morning, I baked muffins and brownies for coffee hour on Sunday and managed not to eat them all. David mowed and cleaned up the yard. After lunch, we headed back over to my parents to celebrate mother's day with my mom. We had ribs, fresh corn, green beans, zucchini and potatoes. YUMMO. It was nice to spend time with my family, and we actually ate on time.
David is always saying that my family never eats on time when we have an event. The start time may be noon, but we usually don't eat till around one or two. Well David's family proved this weekend that the Tate's are not the only guilty ones.
On Sunday after church we headed over to David's parents to celebrate mother's day with David's mom and we arrived around 12:40 or so. Emily fell asleep on the way so she went on down for a nap. David's dad was just getting started marinating the meet...at 1pm...we didn't sit down to eat till around 3:30 proving once again why David always eats before attending any family function. :)
Today I went grocery shopping. I just love the Walmart on Gilmer road. It is so nice and clean and pretty. And I love new groceries. I like to see the pretty fresh veggies in my fridge, it just makes me happy. Tonight we had a nice dinner of grilled lemon pepper chicken, roasted fingerling potatoes and corn (i know, two starches).. with some roasted garlic bread..It was so good. Tomorrow is Spaghetti, I am trying to make sure we eat at home this week, perhaps start a trend...
Off to homework now..
No comments:
Post a Comment